I have to say that 2014 so far is looking pretty good. Why, you ask?
- My book has been published.
- I booked my first show of the year, and it opens in March!
- I’ve already booked some speaking engagements for 2014.
- I started a brand new job that I actually like.
- I have a writing gig that pays me well and I get to cover fun topics.
- My paranormal team is growing and attracting some pretty brilliant minds.
It’s not a bad start to the year, and the remaining 11 months look promising. I have some other cool stuff in the back burner that I quite can’t announce yet, but it’ll be good stuff.
In comparison to 2013, I have to say that I’m much happier and healthier. I’ve lost some weight, my heart rate is the lowest it’s ever been, I’m eating right, and my anxiety has reduced greatly. I’ve also made some great friends and finally settling into Raleigh…more than 6 months later.
Anyway, I guess the point of this blog for today is this: Even when things are horrible, crappy, and you don’t think you’re going to survive…keep holding on. It will improve and get better. If you were to tell me 6 months ago that I would be where I’m at today, I wouldn’t believe you. But hey, good things do come to those who wait, you just have to keep swimming.
This was a short blog, but I promise that I’ll have meatier stuff starting next week. 🙂